WHAT IS THE SMS?
It is the Safety Management System, it is a systematic approach that aims to improve Operational Safety within the ACSL, this includes organic structure, lines of Responsibility, Policies and procedures necessary for this purpose.
WHAT IS SAFETY?
It is the state in which the risk of injury to persons or damage to property is reduced and maintained at an acceptable level, or below it, through a continuous process of hazard identification and risk management.
WHAT DOES THE SMS INTO ACSL?
- Identify hazards that affect safety, assess them and establish measures to mitigate them (reduce the occurrence and severity of risk).
- It applies measures and procedures necessary to reach an acceptable level of Operational Safety.
- Permanent and constant supervision of the operational environment of the ACSL.
- It works under continuous improvement and risk management, in favor of Operational Safety.
- Tools for accident and incident prevention.
WHAT IS A DANGER?
Condition, object or activity that could cause injury to personnel, damage to equipment or structures, loss of material, or reduced ability to perform a particular function, which may threaten safety.
WHAT IS A CONSEQUENCE?
The possible result of a danger.
WHAT IS A RISK?
The evaluation of the consequences of a hazard, expressed in terms of probability and severity, taking as reference the worst foreseeable condition.